Tuesday, February 26, 2013

small successes

since last week, little has changed. well, little things have changed and all in a positive way. my husband and i decided to start eating better, together. we decided on six small meals a day. food is a big issue for me. i have been overweight most of my adult life, i guess i got into double digit size at around 21 and by 23 was up two sizes and now i'm up two sizes from that. i've fluctuated and had started losing weight and getting into better shape after little was born but somehow i fell WAY off the path.

anyway, my best friend and i also started to use fitnesspal to keep a food log. my daily goal is 1270 calories and except for sunday, which i allowed myself to have whatever i wanted, i was under every day. and on sunday i was at 1700 so it wasn't AWFUL. i like this app because it seems to have every food imaginable stored and i've verified the nutritional facts on everything i've pulled so far. at the end of the day there is a summary where i can see my sugar, carbs, protein, etc.

for the past two days, i actually started my day after sending my oldest to school. as opposed to my typical routine the last month, which was going back to sleep instead. to start my day i did a short morning yoga video** on youtube, followed by a pilates video, then a short meditation. i felt so refreshed and the positive energy stayed with me throughout my day.

this evening, i finally broke the curse of the treadmill. something in me has totally resisted hopping back on. but tonight i opened my 10k free running app and picked week 6 day 1. i am SO SLOW. but i did it. it's 5 min walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 8 run, 3 walk, 5 run, 5 walk.  my track record isn't so good so let's see if i hop on again.


No comments:

Post a Comment